Our current General Terms are applicable for all orders placed on the website Holland at Home.
Article 1 Definitions
1. Holland at Home is a website of Productsfromhome.com, residing in Amsterdam, registered in the Commercial Register of the Kamer van Koophandel in Amsterdam number 55426840.
Article 2 Application
1. The current General Terms are applicable to any offer, order, and agreement between Holland at Home and the customer. By concluding a contract between the customer and Holland at Home, the customer accepts these terms without any reservations.
2. These conditions are accessible to everyone on the website www.holland-at-home.com. A written copy of these conditions is made available upon request.
3. Only after written approval by Holland at Home, the customer may partly deviate from the General Terms.
4. Holland at Home has the right to change these conditions and the contents of the website at all times.
Article 3 Offers and confirmation
1 All offers shall be free of obligation and shall be made in one written form or other and shall bear a date. All offers are subject to change. When a product is not available, Holland at Home has the right to cancel the product and the customer will be notified by e-mail.
2. Holland at Home shall only be bound by offers if the customer accepts such, preferably in writing, within thirty (30) days.
3. It shall not be possible to bind Holland at Home to her offers if the customer should have understood in accordance with the requirements of reasonableness and fairness and according to the usual criteria in social and economic life that the offer, or part thereof, obviously contains a mistake or an error in writing.
4. If the acceptance deviates (on secondary items) from the offer given, Holland at Home shall not be bound by it. The agreement shall in such event not be concluded in accordance with said deviating acceptance unless Holland at Home indicates otherwise.
5. Special offers or quotations do not automatically apply to reorders.
6. A compound quotation does not require Holland at Home to deliver part of the goods included in the offer or deliver
Article 4 Order confirmation and agreements
1. After Holland at Home has received the order, Holland at Home will confirm the order within one day, unless Holland at Home cannot reasonably be demanded to comply with the agreement.
2. As soon as Holland at Home has received the order and payment have been confirmed, the order will be accepted and executed by Holland at Home within 2-4 working days for all orders that are shipped via international shipping via PostNL.
If a product is (temporarily) out of stock, Holland at Home has the right to cancel a product or order. Holland at Home reserves the right not to accept payment, and therefore not to confirm, for whatever reason, any order, including but not limited to reasons resulting from product supply, a problem with the order received, or a problem completing the delivery. However, other problems can also be a reason to cancel the order.
3. The contract contains each agreement between the customer and Holland at Home and substitutes any former agreement.
4. Holland at Home recognizes that the electronic communication may be used to prove the agreement. By accepting these terms, the customer confirms this also.
Article 5 Prices
1. The total price, shown on the order, is definitive and includes prices of the products, handling costs, packaging, and transport.
2.1 International shipment via PostNL:
No customs duties or value-added taxes shall be due for deliveries in the European Union.
3. Only at the special request of the customer Holland at Home will send a separate invoice to an email address specified by the customer.
4. Holland at Home has the right to change prices and correct errors. In case the customer incurs any harm as a result, the customer will be informed of this fact by e-mail and has the right to cancel the order within the next two days. Holland at Home cannot be held liable for potential (typographical) errors in its prices or conditions.
Article 6 Deliveries
1.1 International shipment via PostNL:
Holland at Home will, once the order has been accepted, hand over the parcel to the postal organization PostNL within 2-4 working days, who will deliver the parcel to the address indicated by the customer.
2. The shipment time as described in the order confirmation is an indication, no guarantee. Parcels may be subject to unforeseen delays at the delivery company. Holland at Home has no control over this and cannot be held liable for that.
3.1 International shipment via PostNL:
The shipment time, as described in the order confirmation, starts at the moment the parcel is handed over to PostNL.
4.1 International shipment via PostNL:
Holland at Home cannot control the actions of foreign postal organizations, nor can it influence the delivery. Holland at Home can ask PostNL to start an enquiry to find the parcel. This enquiry can take up to 3 months. Depending on the outcome of the enquiry Holland at Home can issue a refund to the customer.
5. Any postage fines will only be reimbursed if the customer can provide written evidence.
6. For deliveries outside the EU: the customer is responsible for possible import duties in his or her country. Holland at Home will not be held responsible for the confiscation of products due to custom regulations in the country of destination. The customer has the responsibility to contact his or her local tax-office about custom regulations prior to ordering. Holland at Home has no control over this and cannot be held responsible for this.
7. For deliveries outside the EU: if a parcel is refused at the border as a result of custom regulations and returned to Holland at Home, Holland at Home will refund the sales value of the goods upon the actual receipt of the goods, which are in good shape and have not been deteriorated. Holland at Home holds no liability if the parcel is lost upon return, as a result of postal failure, and is therefore not received back by Holland at Home.
8. Holland at Home will charge €25,00 administration fee per parcel if the customer refuses to pay tax to customs and returns to Holland at Home. Or if the parcel is refused at the border as a result of custom regulations Holland at Home will also charge €25,00 administration fee per parcel. Holland at Home will refund the sales value of the goods upon the actual receipt of the goods, which are in good shape and have not been deteriorated. Holland at Home will not reimburse the delivery fee in this case.
9. All delivery costs are for the customers account.
10. The customer is obliged to accept the purchased products the moment they are handed over or presented to him/her.
11. If, during shipment, damage has occurred to the packaging of a product, which could result in spoilage, the customer needs to report this to Holland at Home within 24 hours. The customer should not consume the contents of a visible damaged product. Holland at Home will not be held liable for the consequences if the above advice is ignored.
12. If the customer refuses to take delivery of the purchased goods or fails to give the information or correct address necessary to their delivery, additional costs for extra delivery or storage are on the customer’s expense.
13. Holland at Home cannot and will not for any reason be held liable for any deterioration in the products due to the customer’s failure to receive or collect the parcel in a timely matter.
14.1 International shipment via PostNL:
All parcels are insured. If a parcel is lost, Holland at Home will ask PostNL to start an enquiry. If the parcel is declared to be lost, the customer is entitled to a refund. For unforeseen delays at the Post the customer is not entitled to a refund.
15. In case Holland at Home needs further information from the customer in order to execute the order, the delivery time will start after the customer has provided the required information.
Article 7 Guarantees
1. Holland at Home guarantees that the products to be delivered shall meet the usual requirements and shall not have an expiration date of at least 4 weeks unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. Holland at Home shall take all the necessary care and attention to assure that the products correspond to the description that is given on the website on the date the order was processed.
2. The guarantee mentioned above shall be valid until the best-before-date of the products, but only if applicable.
3. No guarantee is given at defect products when this is the result of injudicious or improper use or when the customer has introduced changes or tried to introduce changes to the products without Holland at Home’ s knowledge or consent in writing. This is also applicable if the customer has used the product for purposes for which it was not intended.
Article 8 Receipts
1. Upon receipt, the customer must inspect the delivered goods at the moment of delivery, but in any case in as short a period of time as possible. He/she must examine whether the quality and the quantity of the delivered goods comply with what was agreed upon.
2. Possible visible shortcomings must be reported (description is given) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours following receiving, together with the submission of the note of purchase and the defect good.
3. A not visible defect should be reported to Holland at Home within 5 days after discovery (within the usual shelflife period) respecting the previous paragraph of this article.
After the warranty period, Holland at Home is entitled to charge all costs for replacement, including administration and shipping costs.
4. If the customer wishes to return defect goods, he/she shall only do so following prior consent in writing via e-mail with email@example.com and on his/her own cost.
Article 9 Transfer of risk
1. The risk of loss of, or damage to the products being the subject of the agreement, shall be transferred to the customer the moment the said products are judicially and/or actually delivered to the consumer and therefore fall into the power of the consumer or of third parties to be appointed by the consumer.
Article 10 Payment
1. Payments are accepted via Paypal, ideal, Alipay, Union Pay, Lian Lian or credit card. The products will be shipped after the payment has been done.
2. Your information will not be passed on to third parties (according to the Person Registration Law, Netherlands).
Article 11 Cancellations
1. The customer has the right for a period of 14 working days to end the agreement, without stating any reason. He/she should inform Holland at Home by email via firstname.lastname@example.org The return shipment fees are for the customer's account.
2. The above-mentioned right does not apply to magazines and perishable goods.
3. The customer can only end the agreement without stating any reason if the products are complete, undamaged, unused and are returned in the original package.
Article 12 Complaints
1. If the ordered products do not answer to expectations because of breakage, damage, or an incorrect delivery, the customer needs to inform Holland at Home within 2 working days after receipt of the products. If Holland at Home does not receive a complaint of the customer within the term mentioned above, it is assumed that the order was filled in accordance with the order.
Article 13 Copyrights
1. Holland at Home shall reserve the rights and authorities to which she is entitled under Copyright Act.
2. Holland at Home is owner and license holder of all copyrights, databases, applications, trademarks and other intellectual rights that are part of this website. Concept, structure, layout, and design are the exclusive property of Holland at Home.
3. If used by the customer this can only be done exclusively and must not be reproduced, made public or brought to the notice of third parties.
Article 14 Safeguarding
1. The customer shall safeguard Holland at Home against claims filed by third parties concerning intellectual property rights on material or data provided by the customer.
2. The customer shall guarantee that if he/she provides Holland at Home with any information carrier, electronic files or software, they are free of viruses and defects.
Article 15 Liabilities
1. If the goods that are delivered by Holland at Home are not in the correct state, the liability of Holland at Home towards the customer is limited to the terms and conditions mentioned in the article “guarantees”.
2. When the producer of a defective good is liable for consequential damage, Holland at Home’s liability shall be limited to replacing the defective good, or to returning the purchase price.
3. The customer is personally liable for its choice of products and after delivery is entirely responsible for the conservation and consumption of the goods.
Article 16 Force majeure
1. Nor Holland at Home nor the customer shall be held to fulfill any of their obligations if they are hindered to do so due to a circumstance through no fault of their own and which cannot be attributed to them by virtue of law, a legal action or generally accepted practice.
2. In addition to the provisions of the law and the judge-made law in this respect, force majeure in the present general terms and conditions shall furthermore be understood to be any external circumstance, be it envisaged or not, on which Holland at Home cannot have any influence but which prevents Holland at Home from fulfilling the obligations.
3. Holland at Home is also entitled to appeal force majeure if the circumstances as described above occur after Holland at Home should have fulfilled its obligation.
Article 17 Disputes
1. The court in Holland at Home’s residence shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear actions unless the District Court is the competent Court. Holland at Home shall nevertheless be entitled to submit the dispute to the Court deemed competent by law.
Article 18 Applicable Law
1. Dutch law shall apply to each and every agreement between Holland at Home and the customer.
2. The Dutch text of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any translation thereof.